Charter of Demands before Hon’ble Chief Minister of Delhi
- Reservation of one (last) coach in Delhi Metro for senior citizens.
- Free traveling in DTC buses for senior citizens in Delhi at the age of 65 years and above like Union Territory of Chandigarh.
- Increase in recreational grants from Rs. 20,000/- per month to Rs. 30,000/- per month in case of having recreation centers, & from Rs. 10,000/- per month to Rs. 20,000/- per month to those Senior Citizens Associations who have no recreation centers but organizing day to day activities for the cause and care of elderly in their respective colonies. Simultaneously, lump sum one time grant of Rs. 75,000/- may also be increased to Rs. 1,00,000/- considering that the existing rates have not been revised since 01/04/2011.
- Amendment in the Delhi Rules Maintenance and Welfare of Parents and Senior Citizens, 2010 to enable Senior Citizens to get the property evacuated from their own children/others.
- Provision of lifts/ramps/wheelchairs and escalators for senior citizens in all public places like Govt. Offices, Courts, Banks, Railway Stations, Metro Stations and Bus Stands in Delhi.
- Re-employment to senior citizens in the specialized fields in Delhi Govt.
- Provision of Porta Cabins in NDMC/MCD Parks for running the Senior Citizens Activities in the absence of recreation centers like inaugurated by the then Chief Minister in Mandir Marg, J block Park in the year of 2011.
- Implementation of action plan for the protection of Life and Property of Senior citizens at the level of Commissioner of Police as per Rule 22 notified by Delhi Govt. on 05/01/2011.
- Elders Day on 1st October is being celebrated by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India by organizing Walkathon at India Gate in the morning which is coordinated by the Confederation in which more than 5000 senior citizens are participating followed by National Awards by Honorable President of India at Vigyan Bhawan. Like this, Delhi Govt. also needs to celebrate its state Elders Day, may be in the evening of 1st October or on next day i.e., 02nd October by organizing a big conclave of senior citizens for honoring eminent senior citizens/NGOs who are working for the cause and care of elderly.